Choose Language
Left Sidebar Page Type Image

Temporary Skill Shortage visa (482)

Who can apply?

There are various criteria that need to be met both by the employer and the employee.

As an employer you must first get approved as a sponsor. You must then get the position approved by the Department of Home Affairs. As part of the requirements, you must show that you are lawfully and actively operating in Australia, that you will be able to meet all your obligations as a sponsor, that the position is a genuine position, that it is a skilled position (such as determined by the Government), that the salary is of at least the Minimum Salary Level (such as determined by the Government), that the salary also meets the salary market rate, etc.

As a prospective employee, part of the requirements are that you have the skills to match the position and that you meet the English language proficiency requirements. You must also have at least 2 years work experience in the nominated position or a closely related position. There is no age limit to apply for a 482 visa. 

Please book an appointment for a personal assessment or  contact us to find out more about our services. 

What can I do with a 482 Visa?

This is a temporary visa which entitles you to work in Australia up to 2 or 4 years depending on the occupation. You can take your spouse and children with you. They will be able to work and study in Australia.

One condition on your visa is that you remain employed by the same employer.

As a temporary resident, you are not entitled to access Australia's public medical assistance scheme (Medicare) unless you are from a country that has reciprocal health arrangement with Australia.  One of the conditions of the visa is that you get private health cover for you and your family while you are in Australia.

With a 482 visa, you are not entitled to access any social security payments from Centrelink.

Depending on the occupation, you might be eligible for a permanent employer sponsored visa (subclass 186 or 187) after 3 years in the same position with the same employer.